Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Different Kind of Wanderlust






If you love old or are in the kind of business I am in of course you tend to fantasize on more than one occasion the ability to be able to time travel, to be able to go back and see what it was REALLY like to live way back when, a when where the romanticized idea of a seemingly simpler time is rather alluring, a time where if only I could take my modern earned dollar and use it to shop then,  oh the buying power!  And the glorious things I would buy and in mint condition.



If you haven't seen the PBS program The 1940s House I suggest you do so.  I saw it a very long time ago and rediscovered it recently when I signed up for Netflix.  The 1940s House is actually part of a series originally aired on PBS that was part of a collection of other historically based reality programs.  I'm completely mesmerized whenever I watch and completely envious of the families that get to participate.  Another favorite is The 1900 House  followed by several other sequels from different times in history being represented and almost all available on Netflix.

1 comment:

  1. I've been wanting to see this for ages. Must try to track it down (we don't have netflix here in Canada)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails