Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Emily "Sojourner" Rodman




I've been so busy I haven't had an opportunity to post about my new baby. Her name is Emily Rodman.

She is originally from Philadelphia but journeyed to me all the way from England in order to get here which I find so intriguing.  It doesn't surprise me though as she is quite a fashionable miss in her lace and gold, so I would expect she would have the means to travel and according to the inscription on the back of the canvas has been since 1842.  

However by no means do I feel she is anywhere near the end of her travels, I am just playing hostess for her, she is a sojourner. As I am sure she will still be seeing the world way after my ashes are scattered over it.


1 comment:

  1. Wonderful! I love the way her right earring is reflecting the light.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails