Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I did it all for the GUCCI




My New Vintage Gucci (and photo) from PranceandSwagger



                                                                  The one that started it all!




I'm so tired of seeing this design


Like my new (old) Gucci? It's been my new fixation for the last two years ever since I got my hands on the 1960s monogrammed canvas cream colored Gucci bag. The second Gucci pictured was actually for sale in my store until a woman seemed very keen on it and the threat of it leaving my universe seemed eminent, I hadn't realized we were in a relationship until that moment and could not bare to part with it ever since.  The new bag will fit in quite beautifully I do think, a little polish and the new-old bag will be like new.

 Names like Hermes, Louis Vuitton, Coach and Gucci have always evoked this painfully romantic provenance of days gone by filled with a forgotten art of refined travel, probably because a lot of these companies started making luggage and saddles before they ever made purses. So when I see vintage of any of these labels I feel like I'm bringing a piece of that past to my present, not to mention I feel like hot shit when I carry it;P.  So of course when I saw the navy bag, I had to have it. Luckily no one really cares for this style, everyone is all about the equestrian line of Gucci which I guess is it's trademark and why it is so easily available, but does not appeal to me in the least.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails